|Weekly Dharma Programs
- For a schedule of services, please see the Calendar
|Buddhist Chanting & Meditation Sessions
- Buddhist Chanting and Meditation: Evenings, Wed. 7:00 PM (please check the Calendar to confirm when sessions will be held. Note: there are infrequent unforseen circumstances where a meditation session needs to be cancelled before the website is updated every month. Usually this is not an issue; but please call the temple at 212-678-0305 if you need to confirm).
- Japanese Howakai: Monthly (usually first Thursday) 7:00 - 8:30 PM (please check the Calendar to confirm when sessions will be held. Note: there are infrequent unforseen circumstances where a weekday session needs to be cancelled before the website is updated every month. Please call the temple at 212-678-0305 if you need to confirm).
|Weekly Cultural & Spiritual Programs
- Soh Daiko Drumming, Thu. 7:00 - 9:30 PM and Sat. 2:00- 5:00 PM, Dojo. For additional information, please visit Soh Daiko - Taiko in New York.
- Tachibana Japanese Dance, Sat. 11:30 - 6:00 PM, Annex, 2nd Floor. For additional information, please visit Tachibana School of Nihon Buyou.
- Martial Arts Class, Weekday Evenings and Saturday Morning, Dojo. For additional information, please visit Kokushi Budo Institute.
- New Uke City Strumming Circle, two Saturdays monthly for ukulele practice, 12:30pm to 2pm. New players are given lesson. Bring a uke and join in! See calendar for dates.
Special Services / Special Events
Sept 10 - 11:00 am - 9/11 Victims Memorial Service
Sept 23 - 10:00 am - Seminar with Abbott Monshin Paul Naamon (Tendai Institute): "The Roots of Jodo Shinshu in Tendai"
Sept 24 - 11:30 am - Autumn O-Higan (Equinox) Service: with Guest Speaker Abbott Monshin Paul Naamon, Tendai Institute
Oct 15 - 11:30 am - Eitaikyo (Perpetual Memorial) Service
Oct 21 - 10-4pm - Autumn Festival*
Nov 4 - 12pm - 3 pm: Hawaiian Luau Luncheon
Nov 11 - (TBA): Seminar with Dr. Dennis Hirota (details to follow)
*for more information please go to Special Events page